Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween 2009

After months of planning, Halloween finally arrived. Since Halloween fell on a Saturday this year, Olivia actually got to celebrate for two days. She got a wear her costume to school on Friday where they had a party and parade. For school, she was Strawberry Shortcake (or Sassberry Sasscake, as one of my friends described it).



This costume is 100% store bought.


I think the freckles really complete the look.




Strawberry had to give Stanley a little love before leaving for school.

The costume included a Strawberry Shortcake wig, but since there was no way Liv could stand wearing it all day, I arrived before the parade to get it secured in place.

Here are a few of Liv's school buddies.

Saturday, one of Olivia's friends had a birthday costume party. She had her first experience bobbing for apples. If you know me, you know that I cannot possibly like this concept; especially since she bobbed right after her friend who just recovered from H1N1.


For trick-or-treating, Liv became Little Bo Peep. This costume involved some homemade changes to the Strawberry Shortcake costume. I removed the strawberry appliques and added pink bows. I made the bloomers by sewing eyelet ribbon around the bottom of old capri pants. And I wrapped a Christmas yard candy cane with pink ribbon for her staff.

Of course, Bo Peep is not complete without a real sheep. Luckily, Stanley was kind enough to volunteer for the job.



I even got into the Halloween spirit. Liv was not convinced that a wig and fake eyelashes made a costume. She said I was just mama with purple hair. Oh well, I tried.

We hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Sophie Belle's Mom said...

What are the odds that next year she'll want THREE costumes? And then FOUR? And then....

Good job on Stanley, too!

(And "Sassberry Sasscake" is hysterical. Spot on and hysterical.)

Tom said...

OK...now I'm jealous! That's a very nice costume. Emily was Dorothy for Halloween; we could have used our Chihuahua as Toto.