Several non-pregnant members of my family are engaged in a weight loss contest (lots of $$$ at stake). Sean and his dad are neck-in-neck and their competitive fangs are showing. (For those of you who do not know, since becoming a grandfather, we refer to Sean's dad as Grumpa Tom. If you don't know why we call him Grumpa instead of Grampa, you obviously haven't met him. It is, of course, a term of affection.)
So Grumpa Tom left a comment on my last post. I found it necessary to reply, but rather than simply making a comment myself, I decided to make a whole new post in case the rest of you have not been reading the comments.
His comment was as follows:
"Good morning from So. Cal., on a dull Thursday, following a 5-day sojourn to Myrtle Beach wherein, I and three friends, played 108 holes of golf, and revelled in great food and plentiful beverages. And the best part of the mini-vacation, was to learn this morning that I had yet lost another 1/2 pound - are the Golf gods good or what? Happy Thursday ...Grumpa Tom"
My reply:
Good afternoon from Austin, Texas, on sunny Thursday, following a full work week that sucks just like every other. I and the ever growing child in my belly spent the week binging on watermelon, tacos, pizza, and more watermelon. The only plentiful beverage I have enjoyed in 8 months is water. Yum. And the best part of this alien abduction called pregnancy was to learn that I have gained another 3 pounds, my belly button is starting to protrude, and there is not a darned thing anyone can say about it. Are the pregnancy gods good or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment