I love getting packages in the mail, especially from Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Cupid, etc. The Easter Bunny was particularly quirky this year. Not only did she deliver candy, which by the way was all for me since I am pregnant and hubby is on a diet, but she included perfume/cologne for each of us and this fabulous figurine of a Stanley dog carrying a freaked-out cat (see photo below). This artwork has taken a prominent place on our mantel, and Stanley worships it daily.
For those of you who don’t really know this lovely boxer of whom I speak, let me tell you a little about him. Stanley is "intrigued" by cats. When we lived in an apartment, it was truly an obsession. He would watch out the window all day in hopes of catching a glimpse of feline life. When we would go for walks, he often mistook plastic bags, cups, etc. for cats and would pounce them if given the opportunity. He also looked under every car in the parking lot to make sure there was nothing furry hiding under there. I realized we had a problem, however, my last summer of law school. We were living in an apartment in Houston and had gone out for our morning potty run when Stanley spotted a cat in the windowsill of my neighbor’s apartment. Before I knew what was happening, he had pulled back and nose-dived into the window, shattering the glass and scaring the heck out of this innocent kitty. (That was a tough one to explain to the apartment manager.)
Stanley’s obsession has subsided now to a mere curiosity. There is a cat that hangs out on top of the fence in our backyard and taunts him. Stanley remains calm with one foot in the air (think bird dog) and stares at him until he goes away. I have no idea what he would do if he actually caught a cat, but I imagine it would look something like this.

Thank you Easter Bunny!
No comments:
Post a Comment