Thursday, March 17, 2005

Waffling

Let's face it, I am not very good at making decisions. So when Sean and I easily agreed early on in the pregnancy on the name Olivia for our little girl, I was pretty excited. I had anticipated lots of agony and arguments over what we would name our first borne child. How lucky that my dearly beloved and I seemed to be on the same page (a marriage made in heaven). That was about 12 weeks ago. After several months of referring to our baby as Olivia, telling everyone we know that her name will be Olivia, I have started to have second thoughts. I announced to Sean last night that I want to name her Riley. Sean, being the sort that only makes final decisions, was surprised, agreed he liked the name Riley, but held firm to our original decision.

I can't help but wonder if this is another symptom of pregnancy. Should I stick with our original plan or stay open to new ideas? The more I say "Olivia," the less I like it. Can I bear to hear this name for the rest of my life? Am I just freaking out because I will have someone attached to me in some way for the rest of my life? Is this part of the anxiety new parents feel? Errrr!

So, in fun, I have created a poll asking for your opinion on the name. Feel free to cast a vote!

1 comment:

Mama Duck said...

Name her whatever you want, I'm still calling her Olivia! ;)