Thursday, February 23, 2006

Like a monkey in a cage...

Well, it's midnight here, and there is no sign that sleep will come anytime soon. Liv's nighttime habits have only gotten worse lately, and Sean and I are trading off in two-hour shifts. That gives us each about 5 hours of sleep each night, which is just not enough. It is pure misery. I figured out tonight that she has a tooth breaking through the lower gum. I would like to think that is her problem, but I am really not so sure. Here's what she is doing as I sit here on the computer:


Okay, I just saw a yawn...must seize the moment.

_____________________________

Update: False alarm. It is now 12:45 a.m. and she is still awake. Only 15 more minutes and then it is Sean's turn.

9 comments:

Odd Mix said...

Yuck! No fun at all. Let's hope it is just a (short, very short) phase and she will start sleeping well for you.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh no that stinks. She is so cute though! I am assuming thatis the only reason she is still here! Babies they make them cute for a reason!

Michelle said...

How much is she napping during the day? Little Man didn't sleep thru until 9 months but he only got up for a bottle between 3a-5a and went back down.

When she wakes in the night are you turning lights on in the room? I really wish I could offer something up to help. {{HUGS}}

Speckledpup said...

it's just a phase.
but isn't she cute at midnight....
I could squeeze those cheeks forever.

hope you get a catnap today.

The Pup

Peanutt said...

Absolutely adorable! I'm sorry that she is making you sleep deprived, but she is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Put that girl in bed!! It's okay if she cries.

Kat said...

I wish I had some advice for you, but not having kids myself - nothing. I feel for you though, I can't function without sleep. Hope it's just a brief phase. She is awfully cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Very seriously I recommend "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. It has made all the difference in the world for us. It does require consistency and discipline (on the part of the parents), but it's well worth it, my tired friend.

Lucky Lum said...

I know what you are going through! It bites.
Holden was the same way for the very long first 5 months of his life.
You need sleep! I ditto what TKW said about the book.