Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Doc rocks!

Liv has the greatest doctor ever. Her pediatrician's name is Dr. Ari Brown. You may have seen her on the Today Show or read her book Baby 411. Sean and I really like Dr. Brown because of her non-alarmist attitude. While she often makes me feel a little silly for some of the stuff I worry about, I much prefer that to a doctor who increases my worry. One of Sean's favorite examples happened at Liv's 2 month check-up. It went like this:

Dr. B: Do you have any questions?

Me: Sometimes Liv's left eye crosses and stays that way for a few seconds.

Dr. B: Well, does it go back?

Me: Uh, yes.

Dr. B: So what's the problem?

Anyway. At our appointment on Monday, we were discussing some of Liv's sleeping issues. Dr. B suggested that we put Liv to sleep around 7:00 p.m., saying that the earlier you put a baby to bed, the longer they will sleep.

"Yes, I have read that. But we've tried it and it doesn't work," I told her.

"Try it again," she replied.

So last night I put Liv to bed at 7:00 p.m. Guess what time she woke up this morning. Are you ready for this? 7:00 a.m.!!! That's right, 12 hours of solid sleep! Thank you God (and Dr. Brown).

No comments: