Friday, September 02, 2005
What's wrong with a few curves?
I have curves. Lots of curves. I used to like my curves, when they stayed where curves are supposed to be. (I don't like the curves that have appeared in inappropriate places, the curves that jiggle as I walk (and talk, and breathe). I am working on losing those.) But that is not the point. I was just wondering, what is wrong with curves? Why do fashion designers hate all curves, even the good ones? I am convinced that these designers are either homosexuals or pedophiles or both. (Now I understand that some likely are gay, and that is not the point either. I am in no way gay bashing here.) I say this because they seem to think the ideal woman should look like a young boy or a 13-year-old girl at best. As I was in the mall recently, I passed by the new Armani Exchange. I couldn't help looking in the window at the things I could never wear. There meeting my stare was a headless female mannequin wearing this beautiful silver dress. Pretty, I thought, and then I noticed that this was a special mannequin. It had no curves. It had tiny little pre-pubescent boobs, and it even looked like you could see its hip bones. As a society, are we so obsessed with weight that even mannequins look like they need to eat a sandwich?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment